Yunnan Silver Needle
The very best white tea buds from Yunnan offer an exquisite paradox of clarity & complexity.
$5 – $45
Yunnan Silver Needle is an exquisite white tea from the dawn of tea terroirs. Its slender, velutinous buds are the first and finest to be handpicked, yielding a taste as clear as it is complex. A light tea that retains unmistakable presence, it traditionally conjures cognitive benefits and thoughtful appreciation.
The term ‘silver needle’ is most often associated with white tea from the Fujian Province (Bai Hao Yin Zhen), but we have selected white tea from Yunnan Province, regarded as the origin of tea itself. Yunnan white tea has a slightly stronger presence than Fujian white tea, and you don’t need to command the treasury of an Emperor to enjoy it.
Aside from the beneficial polyphenols, high culture & pristine taste, we like the simplicity of one masterly-cultivated ingredient. It makes drinking this tea a centring experience, and runs pleasantly counter-concept to the over-saturation of daily life. Yunnan Silver Needle is the epitome of relaxing, and lets you map its complexity only if you want to.
White tea appreciation
The layered notes in white tea are very subtle, and appreciating it all requires hair-trigger perception. But this is an amicable tea, and we use it as an ingredient in some of our most popular tea blends, including NeuroFocus and Blue Beauty
Ancient technology, timeless style
Our European jars are made of dark ultraviolet glass, and not just because it makes them uniquely beautiful. They’re designed to preserve the vitality of anything they hold, by filtering out destructive light and only allowing a specific spectrum of energy-preserving light. This technology can be traced to ancient Egypt and is validated by modern science, allowing you to keep your tea on display in perfect control conditions.
Light, slightly floral & subliminally nectarous.
1 tbsp per 250mL at 85-90°C for 3-5 min
Yunnan silver needle white tea (Bǎi Hào Shùzhǒng).
Premium UV Jar (50g), Paper Refill Bag (50g), Sample Bag
Premium UV Jar: 35, Paper Refill Bag: 35
The ongoing situation with government restrictions and higher volume of online shopping is causing a delay with all shipments nationwide. The length of the delay varies week-to-week, so we can only offer a guide. Please allow more time than the usual transit time estimates provided below. Please allow about 2-4 extra working days for metro deliveries, plus more for regional areas. Regional Victoria currently presents the longest delays, and the usual times there should be about doubled. Please contact us if you have any concerns relating to this.
NOTE: When preparing all orders, we wear gloves and face masks, and follow strict hygiene protocols.
ORDER PREPARATION & DISPATCH:
- Our courier collects all our orders each working morning. Orders received by 1:00pm on a working day will be dispatched the following working morning.
- Orders received on a non-working day or after 1:00pm on a working day are not guaranteed to go out the next working morning. They are usually dispatched the next available business morning after that.
- Our teas are prepared and packed fresh on a per-order basis, and our gift boxes involve a lot of preparation time. As such, our scheduling allows further quality control checks and sufficient time for order preparation/presentation of the highest degree.
- Despite the 1:00pm policy above, we usually try to have as many extra orders as possible dispatched the following working morning, but it depends on the number of orders and staffing, and therefore cannot be guaranteed.
- If you have particular shipping or timing requirements, we can’t guarantee factors beyond our control, but we are happy to do everything we can for you. For these cases, please contact us to discuss.
Transit Time Estimates
All orders are sent from our location in the Kiama area (near Wollongong, NSW). The following are standard (i.e. pre-COVID-19) transit time estimates for major locations:
|Local Zone||Transit Time (Working Days)|
|Sydney||1 – 2 days|
|Melbourne||2 – 3 days|
|Canberra||1 – 2 days|
|Brisbane||2 – 3 days|
|Adelaide||3 – 4 days|
|Perth||8 – 9 days|
|Hobart||3 – 4 days|
|Albury||1 – 2 days|
|Bendigo||2 – 3 days|
|Bundaberg||2 – 3 days|
|Cairns||3 – 4 days|
|Central Coast||1 – 2 days|
|Coffs Harbour||1 – 2 days|
|Devonport||3 – 4 days|
|Geelong||2 – 3 days|
|Launceston||3 – 4 days|
|Mackay||2 – 3 days|
|Maryborough||2 – 3 days|
|Newcastle||1 – 2 days|
|Northern Rivers||1 – 2 days|
|Orange||2 – 3 days|
|Port Macquarie||1 – 2 days|
|Rockhampton||2 – 3 days|
|Sunshine Coast||2 – 3 days|
|Tamworth||2 – 3 days|
|Toowoomba||2 – 3 days|
|Townsville||3 – 4 days|
|Wide Bay||2 – 3 days|
Please contact us if your area is not listed and you would like an estimate.