A palace-grade fermented tea rich in earthy malt notes that ages like fine wine.
$7 – $48
Palace Pu’er is a traditional post-fermented Chinese tea valued for digestive benefits. Praised for nuance and complexity, it has a kindred connection to terroir. Pu’er appreciation takes on the mode of the vinous arts, and Pu’er also ages like fine wine. Experience hints of woody notes suffused through a rich earthy malt.
Culture & function course through a connected brew
Pu’er is named after its provincial origin, and we’ve used the word ‘palace’ in reference to its high grade. The tea gets better with age, and can essentially be kept indefinitely. Traditionally, Pu’er is used as a digestive tea due to the probiotic micro-organisms that have been used to assist immunity and weight loss. It’s a warm, filling tea in which you can almost taste history in the dark brown leaves.
Who is it for?
Pu’er works great after a meal – both functionally and taste-wise. Also good for staving off a meal, if that is the goal.
Ancient technology, timeless style
Our European jars are made of dark ultraviolet glass, and not just because it makes them uniquely beautiful. They’re designed to preserve the vitality of anything they hold, by filtering out destructive light and only allowing a specific spectrum of energy-preserving light. This technology can be traced to ancient Egypt and is validated by modern science, allowing you to keep your tea on display in perfect control conditions.
Flavours range from leathery, earthy, chocolatey, malty, woody.
1-2 tsp per 250mL at 95-100°C for 4-5 min
Palace-grade Pu’er (Pu’erh) tea.
Premium UV Jar (140g), Paper Refill Bag (140g), Sample Bag
Premium UV Jar: 75, Paper Refill Bag: 75
The ongoing situation with government restrictions and higher volume of online shopping is causing a delay with all shipments nationwide. The length of the delay varies week-to-week, so we can only offer a guide. Please allow more time than the usual transit time estimates provided below. Please allow about 2-4 extra working days for metro deliveries, plus more for regional areas. Regional Victoria currently presents the longest delays, and the usual times there should be about doubled. Please contact us if you have any concerns relating to this.
NOTE: When preparing all orders, we wear gloves and face masks, and follow strict hygiene protocols.
ORDER PREPARATION & DISPATCH:
- Our courier collects all our orders each working morning. Orders received by 1:00pm on a working day will be dispatched the following working morning.
- Orders received on a non-working day or after 1:00pm on a working day are not guaranteed to go out the next working morning. They are usually dispatched the next available business morning after that.
- Our teas are prepared and packed fresh on a per-order basis, and our gift boxes involve a lot of preparation time. As such, our scheduling allows further quality control checks and sufficient time for order preparation/presentation of the highest degree.
- Despite the 1:00pm policy above, we usually try to have as many extra orders as possible dispatched the following working morning, but it depends on the number of orders and staffing, and therefore cannot be guaranteed.
- If you have particular shipping or timing requirements, we can’t guarantee factors beyond our control, but we are happy to do everything we can for you. For these cases, please contact us to discuss.
Transit Time Estimates
All orders are sent from our location in the Kiama area (near Wollongong, NSW). The following are standard (i.e. pre-COVID-19) transit time estimates for major locations:
|Local Zone||Transit Time (Working Days)|
|Sydney||1 – 2 days|
|Melbourne||2 – 3 days|
|Canberra||1 – 2 days|
|Brisbane||2 – 3 days|
|Adelaide||3 – 4 days|
|Perth||8 – 9 days|
|Hobart||3 – 4 days|
|Albury||1 – 2 days|
|Bendigo||2 – 3 days|
|Bundaberg||2 – 3 days|
|Cairns||3 – 4 days|
|Central Coast||1 – 2 days|
|Coffs Harbour||1 – 2 days|
|Devonport||3 – 4 days|
|Geelong||2 – 3 days|
|Launceston||3 – 4 days|
|Mackay||2 – 3 days|
|Maryborough||2 – 3 days|
|Newcastle||1 – 2 days|
|Northern Rivers||1 – 2 days|
|Orange||2 – 3 days|
|Port Macquarie||1 – 2 days|
|Rockhampton||2 – 3 days|
|Sunshine Coast||2 – 3 days|
|Tamworth||2 – 3 days|
|Toowoomba||2 – 3 days|
|Townsville||3 – 4 days|
|Wide Bay||2 – 3 days|
Please contact us if your area is not listed and you would like an estimate.