An organic black tea from the altitudes of the Wuyi mountains smoked to perfection.
$5 – $42
Smouldering notes of cigar, whiskey and Dragon Eye.
A smouldering black tea from the altitudes of the Wuyi mountains, pine-smoked with a small fire packing by a skilful tea master. The result invokes visceral notes of whiskey, cigar and ‘Dragon Eye’ (longan). Warm, elemental and adventurous, Lapsang Souchong is liquid satisfaction.
Lapsang Souchong (Zheng Shan Souchong) is a smoked black tea originating exclusively from the Wuyi mountains. Ours is pine-smoked with a small fire packing during drying, producing subtle notes of a Chinese fruit called longan, a lychee relative, known as ‘Dragon’s Eye’. Other lapsang souchong offerings can be weak, or over-smoked. We tested a lot of different ones, and this was the best – and it’s organic.
More than a tea
It pairs really well with breakfast, a gustatory match kindled with elemental olfactory cues. It is a great coffee replacement, and could be tried as a stand-in for other vices. The warmth could be described as a pleasant campfire. Whatever the description, we believe it to be a severely underrated tea option. We’re totally OK with our Lapsang Souchong addiction.
Who is it for?
It provides fulfilment without coffee, and is a smarter choice than morning whiskey. Given its satiating qualities, those on a keto diet or intermittent fasting may find it to be their black gold.
Ancient technology, timeless style
Our European jars are made of dark ultraviolet glass, and not just because it makes them uniquely beautiful. They’re designed to preserve the vitality of anything they hold, by filtering out destructive light and only allowing a specific spectrum of energy-preserving light. This technology can be traced to ancient Egypt and is validated by modern science, allowing you to keep your tea on display in perfect control conditions.
Smoked black tea with malty notes of cigar, whiskey & longan.
2 tsp per 250mL at 100°C for 3-5 min
Genuine Wuyishan Lapsang Souchong.
Premium UV Jar (100g), Paper Refill Bag (100g), Sample Bag
Premium UV Jar: 65, Paper Refill Bag: 65
The ongoing situation with government restrictions and higher volume of online shopping is causing a delay with all shipments nationwide. The length of the delay varies week-to-week, so we can only offer a guide. Please allow more time than the usual transit time estimates provided below. Please allow about 2-4 extra working days for metro deliveries, plus more for regional areas. Regional Victoria currently presents the longest delays, and the usual times there should be about doubled. Please contact us if you have any concerns relating to this.
NOTE: When preparing all orders, we wear gloves and face masks, and follow strict hygiene protocols.
ORDER PREPARATION & DISPATCH:
- Our courier collects all our orders each working morning. Orders received by 1:00pm on a working day will be dispatched the following working morning.
- Orders received on a non-working day or after 1:00pm on a working day are not guaranteed to go out the next working morning. They are usually dispatched the next available business morning after that.
- Our teas are prepared and packed fresh on a per-order basis, and our gift boxes involve a lot of preparation time. As such, our scheduling allows further quality control checks and sufficient time for order preparation/presentation of the highest degree.
- Despite the 1:00pm policy above, we usually try to have as many extra orders as possible dispatched the following working morning, but it depends on the number of orders and staffing, and therefore cannot be guaranteed.
- If you have particular shipping or timing requirements, we can’t guarantee factors beyond our control, but we are happy to do everything we can for you. For these cases, please contact us to discuss.
Transit Time Estimates
All orders are sent from our location in the Kiama area (near Wollongong, NSW). The following are standard (i.e. pre-COVID-19) transit time estimates for major locations:
|Local Zone||Transit Time (Working Days)|
|Sydney||1 – 2 days|
|Melbourne||2 – 3 days|
|Canberra||1 – 2 days|
|Brisbane||2 – 3 days|
|Adelaide||3 – 4 days|
|Perth||8 – 9 days|
|Hobart||3 – 4 days|
|Albury||1 – 2 days|
|Bendigo||2 – 3 days|
|Bundaberg||2 – 3 days|
|Cairns||3 – 4 days|
|Central Coast||1 – 2 days|
|Coffs Harbour||1 – 2 days|
|Devonport||3 – 4 days|
|Geelong||2 – 3 days|
|Launceston||3 – 4 days|
|Mackay||2 – 3 days|
|Maryborough||2 – 3 days|
|Newcastle||1 – 2 days|
|Northern Rivers||1 – 2 days|
|Orange||2 – 3 days|
|Port Macquarie||1 – 2 days|
|Rockhampton||2 – 3 days|
|Sunshine Coast||2 – 3 days|
|Tamworth||2 – 3 days|
|Toowoomba||2 – 3 days|
|Townsville||3 – 4 days|
|Wide Bay||2 – 3 days|
Please contact us if your area is not listed and you would like an estimate.